“Those of us who read because we love it more than anything, who feel about bookstores the way some people feel about jewelers…”–Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
- 14% of Kids have Never Been in a Bookstore: It’s a shocking figure. Read more about this research and other information about children and reading in this article from The Bookseller.
- Happy Words: To offset the terrible kids and bookstore statistic, here are some of the happiest words in the English Language brought to you by Mental Floss. What words make you happy?
- Book Discovery: Looking for a new book? Check out this new website, Bookateria, that offers two million+ titles for sale through several retail partners including: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound, iBookstore, and Books-A-Million.
- Victorian Novels & TV Series: Flavorwire presents a list of Victorian books that they’d like to see turned into television dramas. Do you have any other Victorian novels that you’d add to the list?
- Dreamhouses for Book-nerds: And finally, another selection from Flavorwire. In this list, they showcase some houses that are perfect for book-nerds.
“A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot.”–Alan Bennett